Wednesday, December 29, 2010
The 10 Dumbest Things of 2010
A lot of dumb stuff happens in the game of golf each season. Here are the top-10 dumbest, and if you disagree, well, I'm sorry, but my memory is really bad.
10. R.W. Eaks, at the first of the year, tried to get a guy disqualified that Monday qualified for the Sony Open because he thought his grooves were illegal, because, as we all know, 57-year-olds are infamous for being able to eye groove depths.
9. PETA made this sign ... and, well, it isn't dumb, but I had to put in something about the Tiger sex thing, right?
8. One of the most in depth discoveries in DTCC history, Chris Berman wears the same golf outfit for every. single. tournament.
7. Some guy wondered if playing Tiger Woods on the Wii would actually mess up his golf swing.
6. That Dana White guy that runs UFC made the golf analogy equivalent to "bloggers work in their mom's basement." After I read this I immediately did 30 push-ups.
5. Ian Poulter missed out on a pro-am because of an insect bite. Man, those English are tough!
4. Charlie Rymer of The Golf Channel suggested that to make golf more fun, the hole should be 10-inches, and that's the hardest I've had to avoid being childish in probably 12 years.
3. Tiger Woods joins Twitter, and it just isn't going to work.
2. Rick Reilly spoke (so he obviously made this list).