Most men that like sports and have ever sat down and churned out a bucket list have printed the words "Augusta" and "Cypress" before. They're the types of golf courses we mortals will never get our hands on, but want so desperately to see. Just once can we play the beauties, sweet golf gods?!
Golf World had a great idea of polling PGA Tour players and getting their thoughts on the best courses they are lucky enough to play each year, and the results are both interesting and satisfying. Here are the top-10, but please, go check out their full list right here.1. Augusta National GC (Augusta, Ga., The Masters)
2. Harbour Town GL (Hilton Head Island, S.C., The Heritage)
3. Riviera CC (Pacific Palisades, Calif., Northern Trust Open)
4. Pebble Beach GL (Pebble Beach, Calif., AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am)
5. Colonial CC (Fort Worth, Tex., Crown Plaza Invitational)
6. Muirfield Village GC (Dublin, Ohio, The Memorial)
7. Shaugnessy G&CC (Vancouver, B.C., RBC Canadian Open)
8. Aronimink GC (Newtown Square, Penn., AT&T National)
9. Innisbrook Resort - Copperhead (Palm Harbor, Fla., Transitions Championship)
10. Congressional CC (Bethesda, Md., AT&T National)
I'm not totally sure which one of these surprises me the most. Maybe Harbour at number two, just because it is the week after the Masters? Or maybe the Canadian Open getting a nod?
In case you were wondering, Liberty National was No. 50 on the list, the last recorded course the poll did, so lock it up, Lady Liberty.